The Green Homes Grant – MCS Update 12th August 2020
There has been much discussion, excitement and confusion as to how this will work and when it will come into practice. This is what we understand so far:
The Grant will:
- Come into force from the 1st September 2020 and run until April 2021
- Run in tandem with the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and will NOT be one or the other. The £5k will be taken from your RHI and the rest paid over the usual 7 year period
- Only be applicable for installations of ASHP / GSHP when carried out by an MCS accredited installer AND a member of Trustmark
- Will only be available to homeowners and single dwelling self-builds
- Will contribute 2/3 of energy saving products up to a value of £5k – and £10k for those who receive some sort of benefits or low-income allowances
It’s great news that the GHG will not replace the RHI and in fact allows homeowners to receive a larger proportion of their grants up front, to contribute towards installation costs.
Homeowners will also benefit from an even more intense scrutinisation of the installations by way of follow up checks with clients, unannounced site visits and a careful monitoring of Contractor activity.
Call us today on 01342 895240 to find out more and for us to advise on your specific requirements.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you, click the button below: